Women in Classical Music SymposiumSPONSORED BY J.P. MORGAN
November 6 | 2019
Honoring Keynote Speaker Dawn Upshaw
November 6 - 9, 2019
The Women in Classical Music Symposium will feature talks and panel discussions on topics relevant to women in the classical music industry. The symposium will include networking events, performances and opportunities for peer engagement on the unique experiences of women in classical music.
Symposium Registration Rate: $90
Financial assistance is available. Those wishing to apply for aid may do so by completing the following form and submitting it to firstname.lastname@example.org - Download PDF
Highlights below with full schedule to be announced soon!
Day One | Wednesday, November 6
“Changing the Script: Women in Classical Music” will include discussions on empowering decision makers, creating opportunities and the importance of role models.
- 11:00 AM | Forte Film Screening
- 1:00 PM | Keynote Presentation and Luncheon
- 3:00 PM | Panel Discussion 1: Lifting up the Next Generation of Women
- 5:30 PM | Welcome Reception
Day Two | Thursday, November 7
“Pathways for Change” will focus on creating pathways toward professional opportunities and will also include discussions on self-entrepreneurship for musicians.
- 9:00 AM | Panel Discussion 2: Education: Practical and Inspirational Guidance
- 11:00 AM | Workshop: Mentorship Speed Dating Session
- 2:00 PM | DSO Open Rehearsal: Gemma New with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- 4:30 PM | Panel Discussion 3: Leveling the Playing Field
- 5:15 PM | Panel Discussion 4: Self-Entrepreneurship for Musicians
Day Three | Friday, November 8
“Practical Next Steps” will explore employability and career pathway development for musicians and administrators and will feature a panel discussion with top management agencies.
- 10:00 AM | Panel Discussion 5: Employability and Career Pathway Development for Musicians and Administrators
- 1:00 PM | Panel Discussion: Agents Panel, the Linda and Mitch Hart Institute for Women Conductors at The Dallas Opera
- 1:00 PM | Dr. Thomas Wolf – The Nightingale’s Sonata
- 2:30 PM | Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center Tours
- 7:30 PM | DSO performance of Gemma New Conducts Debussy’s La Mer (Add-on Purchase)
Day Four | Saturday, November 9
A day of final events presented in connection with The Dallas Opera's Linda and Mitch Hart Institute for Women Conductors.
- 10:00 AM | Workshop on Social Media for Artists, led by The Dallas Opera
- 7:30 PM | The Dallas Opera Hart Institute Concert (Add-on Purchase)
Hotel Accommodations in Dallas:
We are pleased to offer special group rates at two nearby hotels for the period of November 4-11, 2019!
Be sure to book your room by October 16th to take advantage of this great offer.
650 North Pearl Street Dallas, Texas 75201
Group Rate: $205/night plus tax
Reserve your room HERE
400 North Olive Street Dallas, Texas 75201
Group Rate: $157/night plus tax
Reserve your room HERE