Women in Classical Music Symposium
November 6 | 2019
Honoring Keynote Speaker Dawn Upshaw
The Women in Classical Music Symposium will feature talks and panel discussions on topics relevant to women in the classical music industry. The symposium will include networking events, performances and opportunities for peer engagement on the unique experiences of women in classical music.
Symposium Registration Rate: $90
Financial assistance is available to help offset the costs of participating. Financial assistance covers the cost of one symposium registration, the keynote luncheon and one ticket to the Friday evening Dallas Symphony concert. Those wishing to apply for aid may do so by completing the following form and submitting it to email@example.com - Download PDF
Day One | Wednesday, November 6
“Changing the Script: Women in Classical Music” will include discussions on empowering decision makers, creating opportunities and the importance of role models.
- 9:00 AM | Coffee Hour
- 11:00 AM | Forte Film Screening
- 1:00 PM | Keynote Presentation and Luncheon
- 3:00 PM | Panel Discussion 1: Lifting up the Next Generation of Women
- 5:30 PM | Welcome Reception
Day Two | Thursday, November 7
“Pathways for Change” will focus on creating pathways toward professional opportunities and will also include discussions on self-entrepreneurship for musicians.
- 8:00 AM | Coffee Hour
- 9:00 AM | Panel Discussion 2: Education: Practical and Inspirational Guidance
- 11:00 AM | Workshop: Mentorship Speed Dating Session
- 2:00 PM | DSO Open Rehearsal: Gemma New with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- 4:30 PM | Panel Discussion 3: Leveling the Playing Field
- 5:30 PM | Panel Discussion 4: Self-Entrepreneurship for Musicians
6:30 PM | Reception
Day Three | Friday, November 8
“Practical Next Steps” will explore employability and career pathway development for musicians and administrators and will feature a panel discussion with top management agencies.
- 9:00 AM | Coffee Hour hosted by Alicia Horwitz, National Booking Director and Vice President of Columbia Artists
- 10:00 AM | Panel Discussion 5: Employability and Career Pathway Development for Musicians and Administrators
- 1:00 PM | Dr. Thomas Wolf – The Nightingale’s Sonata
- 1:00 PM | Panel Discussion: Agents Panel, The Dallas Opera Hart Institute for Women Conductors
- 2:30 PM | Round-table Conversation for Artist Managers, Agents and Artistic Administrators
- 2:30 PM | Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center Tour
- 7:30 PM | DSO performance of Gemma New Conducts Debussy’s La Mer (Add-on Purchase)
Day Four | Saturday, November 9
A day of final events presented in connection with The Dallas Opera Hart Institute for Women Conductors.
- 10:00 AM | Workshop on Social Media for Artists, The Dallas Opera Hart Institute for Women Conductors
- 2:00 PM | Tour of NorthPark Art followed by a reception at Seasons 52
- 7:30 PM | The Dallas Opera Hart Institute for Women Conductors Concert (Add-on Purchase)
Hotel Accommodations in Dallas:
We are pleased to offer special group rates at a nearby hotel for the period of November 6-9, 2019!
Be sure to book your room by October 23rd to take advantage of this great offer.
400 North Olive Street Dallas, Texas 75201
Group Rate: $157/night plus tax
Reserve your room HERE
Additional Support Provided By: